Applications for the 2024 Bursary will be open from Wednesday 24th May 2023 until midnight on Monday 31st July 2023.
Applications for the 2024 Bursary may be submitted between the 24th May 2023 and the 31st July 2023. Please read the following sections which contain general information on how to apply and what you will need to prepare before submitting your application.
The Guild of Enamellers Bursary award is open to applicants from the United Kingdom and Europe only.
Before the 24th May
1. Read the terms and conditions
2. Prepare the information that you will need
- A CV in PDF format. This will be uploaded as a file as part of your application.
- A description of your previous enamelling experience in a maximum of 1000 characters. This will need to be entered into the application form.
- A paragraph (again maximum 1000 characters) explaining why you would like to win the Bursary and how you will use it to further your interest in enamelling. This will also need to be entered into your application form.
3. Enamel and photograph THREE pieces of work
- The photographs must not be edited (using PhotoShop or similar), but may be cropped.
- Photographs may be in JPEG or PNG format
- Each item can have up to four images (views) - images must be no greater than 3MB
- Please submit different views of each piece, for jewellery we will always want to see an image of the back of the piece.
- The work should feature enamel and must be entirely your own work.
Between the 24th May and the 31st July
All of the following steps must be complete by the deadline for entries (31st July 2023) , do not leave it until the last day to start working through these - leave yourself at least three days to complete them.
1. Complete an application form
A link to the application form will be available here from the 24th May 2023. After you have completed and submitted the application form you will be sent an email with further instructions for the next steps. If you don't get an email within 2 hours please contact
2. Join the Guild
A year's free membership is awarded to everyone who completes all steps of the application process for the Bursary..Instructions on how to join will be found in the email from step above.
3. Upload your images and descriptions
Again, instructions on how to upload images will be in the email from step 1 above. You are asked to submit images of three items. Each item can have up to three associated images. Images can be either jpg or png format and no single image can be bigger than 3MB. The items you enter must be entirely your own work.
- A title
- The size of the entry (in centimeters)
- A brief description of the entry
- The main base material (for example copper, sterling silver...)
- The type of item (eg bowl, panel, jewellery....)
You will be able to edit your entry until applications close at midnight on the 31st July 2023.
What happens next?
The Bursary applications will be assessed by the end of October 2023, all applicants will be notified of the result by mid-November 2023.
Download the flier and the document below for further information
With thanks to the sponsors of the Bursary